1. Avoid using creamy and greasy cosmetics. These can increase your chances of getting blackheads.
2. Make use of a gentle cleanser for acne prone skin. Do not use soap as it can clog the pores in your skin. Also It can cause skin cells to flake off.
3. Exfoliation is an important step to eliminate dead skin cells. This helps get rid of the built-up dead cells from inside the pores that cause them to become clogged.
4. If you have oily skin, try using a clay mask to reduce the oil. Use one that does not contain mint peppermint or other irritating ingredients.
5. Make a solution of lime juice, almond oil and glycerine and apply on the face. This will not only help with blackheads but also get rid of spots on the face.
6. Moisturising your face with a damp, warm cloth every evening can help. Put the damp cloth over our face for a period of 15 minute each night, to help loosen dead skin, dirt and other pore clogging particles. After use, put the cloth in hot boiling water to kill germs and bacteria.
7. Warm a small amount of honey and apply on the affected area. Wash off after 10 minutes. It acts as a natural peel and loosens the blackheads.